Adding payments to your current website is so easy it can be done in minutes. Here’s how:
Step 1: Log into your Gateway account.
Select the “Widgets” option in the menu on the left.
Step 2: Choose your widget type.
For a button that links to a form, use the “Button” widget. For a form that displays right on your page, use the “Form” widget.
Step 3: Complete customization fields.
Build your form by tabbing through and completing each field. Your form builds as you go, so you can confirm and make adjustments along the way.
Complete the following info for your form:
- Widget Name: Name your form.
- Payment Amount: Choose a fixed amount that is paid by every customer, or allow the customer to enter the amount.
- Payment Methods: Select the payment types you’d like to offer: credit, ACH (bank account) or both.
- Payer Address: Determine if you want to collect this information or not.
- Monthly Payment: Determine if you would like to offer a recurring payment option to customers. If you choose to offer recurring payments, customize the name of your recurring payment field.
- Donation Costs (Nonprofits Only): If you are a nonprofit, you have the option to allow customers to cover the cost of the transaction. If you select “yes,” decide if the amount should be a fixed amount, or a percentage of the transaction.
- Payment Allocation: If you want allow customers to choose how they want their payment to be applied, use the Payment Allocation section to list the options available. For example, a nonprofit collecting donations for several activities (e.g. summer camp and facility repairs) may list these options so donors can choose which effort to support.
- Custom Fields: If you have additional data to collect from each paying customer or donor, you can add as many custom fields as you need with the Custom Fields section. Add the field name and choose a field type. Choose from:
- Drop down: List options for customers to choose from.
- Text: Customers can type in their own info.
- Hidden: Use this custom option if you need specific data to be captured with transactions coming from your form. Customers won’t see this info, but it will be captured with your transaction information for you to access.
- Button Text: Decide what you would like your submit button to say (e.g. “Submit,” “Order Now,” “Let’s Do This!”).
Step 4: Copy a single line of code and paste to your website.
It’s that easy! Once you’ve placed the code on your site through your content management tool, hit refresh on your website and watch the form appear.
If at any point you want to make adjustments to your form, simply:
- Choose Widgets in your Gateway Dashboard.
- Choose the form or button you want to adjust from the Current Widgets menu.
- Click Update Settings button.
- Make the changes needed.
- Save the changes.
- That’s it. You don’t have to copy and re-paste the code—the changes will be made automatically.
- Refresh your website to verify the changes.