Plans and subscriptions work together to set this up for a donor or customer. Before you can schedule a recurring payment, you must create a subscription:
- Log in to dashboard.paymentspring.com.
- Tap “Subscriptions” in the navigation menu on the left.
- Tap “Create Subscription” in the upper right corner.
- Fill in the subscription details. A plan name and a standard billing amount are a must.
You can override this for each subscribing customer.
- Choose a billing frequency. Choose between monthly, weekly, quarterly, biannually and yearly, then choose the specific calendar date the payments should occur.
- Add any custom fields needed for managing recurring payments (examples: member number, student name, memorial fund name, etc.)
- Determine if you want a report emailed each time a payment is processed.
- Tap “Create Subscription” to finish off your efforts.
Now you are ready to schedule your recurring payment(s)!
- Tap on “Customers” on the left menu
- Locate the customer who authorized the recurring payment and tap
- Tap the subscriptions tab to enroll your customer in the subscription.
- Select the subscription type and tap Confirm Details
- Update the information as authorized by your customer
- Payment method (if multiples)
- “ends after”
- Bill immediately or on the day you select next
- Frequency – monthly, weekly or quarterly (nice to know your customer has all of these options!)
- Now tap “Create Subscription” and that’s it!
Please note: if your customer calls to “cancel” their recurring payment, don’t forget to be a good steward to your customer and come back in to “unsubscribe” this recurring payment before the next one is scheduled to process. See the step below for details.